Similar to my last recipe posted for Sweet Potato and Tofu Hash, this recipe was pretty improvised. I had planned to make a soup that is similar but is served cold. However, I quickly learned that I didn’t have enough ingredients, nor a proper blender and strainer, to make that recipe in its totality. So, we ended up with this recipe and it did not disappoint!
It is quick and easy, nutritious and delicious, vegetarian and vegan!
Easy and Quick Sweet Corn Vegetable Soup
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 25 min
- 1 white onion
- 2 orange bell peppers
- 2 cans sweet corn
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup veggie broth
- 1 cup water
- Chop the orange pepper and white onion into small, bite-sized pieces.
- Drain the corn.
- Melt the butter on a large pan or wok and add a little oil, using medium heat.
- Add the onion, peppers, corn, garlic to the pan.
- Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Cook the veggies in the pan for about 10 minutes, until the onions turn transparent and are soft. Stir frequently. I like to move onto the next step once the corn and peppers begin to char a bit.
- Once the veggies are soft, add 1 cup veggie broth and 1 cup water.
- Cover and bring the dish to a boil. Once boiling, uncover and cook for about 5-7 minutes, mixing frequently.
- Serve warm.
I love this recipe for a warm fall meal. It is healthy and full of veggies, and it is vegetarian, too! It is super easy to customize to your preferences, as well. Add more veggies, add some protein, add some carbs. Serve it as a side or as a main dish. Whatever you choose to do, remember to take a few moments to take in the feelings of fall, because she is upon us!
Do you like my content? Consider sharing to Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter!
Every share, comment, like, and view helps me grow my blog so I can continue making great content for my audience!
Check out my Pinterest!